Announcement for human rights defenders Long-term training program to prepare and train a human rights researcher.
The International Commission to Support Palestinian Rights (Hashd) is pleased to inform young researchers that applications for the tenth batch of the specialized training program to develop the capabilities of human rights defenders and Palestinian people’s rights, as well as to prepare and train a human rights researcher, are now open. The initiative seeks to help interested kids strengthen their research abilities. By expanding their knowledge and capabilities in the fields of human rights, democratic transformation, and civil peace promotion, as well as having the ability to prepare human rights reports and specialized research papers, including position papers, facts, and policies in the field of human rights.
- Targeted group: The program aims to train 25 young men and women from humanities universities who want to advance their careers in human rights defense, as well as employees in civil society groups, active youth in political movements, attorneys, journalists, and researchers.
- The training program will last 8 months, beginning in October 2023.
- Total number of training hours: 120, with a weekly meeting of 6 training hours.
- Training methodology: The curriculum depends on an active and effective learning strategy based on actual practice and learner engagement. teaching is conducted in an alternating system of theoretical teaching and practical application, to equip participants with professional and scientific knowledge and expertise.
Qualifications for program acceptance:
– Twenty-five young men who satisfy the following requirements will be chosen with equal opportunity for both sexes:
– Bachelor’s degree in law, politics and social sciences, journalism, or other humanitarian fields.
– Arabic language proficiency.
– Participating in youth, political, communal, and human rights initiatives.
– Passing a written exam as well as a personal interview.
– He signs an agreement to commit to the training program until the end of it.