ICSPR welcome the agreement between Hamas and Fatah and demands to implement the agreement to ensure the restoration of national unity
Palestine-Gaza Strip: The international Commission to Support Palestinians’ Rights ICSPR received with great satisfaction that the Palestinian political opponents may achieve the national reconciliation, under Egyptian auspices, ICSPR wishes that the Palestinian opponents will accomplish to overcome all obstacles; in order to end this black chapter in the Palestinians’ history, who have paid a heavy price as a result of the continuing internal division over the last 10 years.
The Islamic Resistance Movement Hamas has declared a dissolving the governmental committee, which recently described as the first obstacle to achieve the national reconciliation between Fatah and Hamas factions over the past years, including the National Unity Government can take over the administration of authority in Gaza Strip to assume its various responsibilities as the government of all Palestinians.
The International Commission to Support Palestinian Rights ICSPR looking forward to proceed with the Palestinian parties toward resolving all the problems that resulted from the internal division, topped by finding legal and realistic processors to ensure cessation of the effects of the recent presidential and governmental decisions against Gaza Strip employees. And it included finding legal solutions to each detail which includes restoring the confidence of the Palestinian citizen in the Palestinian political and constitutional regime, in order to enable them to exercise their public and private freedoms, including the right to choose their representatives, through free and fair elections.
The International Commission to Support Palestinian Rights ICSPR welcomes the agreement between Fatah and Hamas factions. ICSPR appreciates the Egyptian role in reaching this agreement, as well as it urges the Palestinian parties to redress the impact of the internal violations through developing a national program of transitional justice, to inspire from the advantages of the international and regional experiences. ICSPR declares its readiness to contribute in the development of a theoretical and practical program about the transitional justice in Palestine. Therefore, it demands the following:
- ICSPR consider that this agreement as a new opportunity to rehabilitate the role of the Palestinian Authority and the Palestinian Liberation Organization, on the basis of political partnership for everyone. to ensure the formation of a national unity government that is capable of unifying the administrative, executive and justice Institution’s, and preparing for legislative and presidential elections, in addition to held a united national council according to Beirut agreements which would meet the aspirations of the Palestinians in ending the Israeli Occupation and establishing independent Palestinian State based on the rule of law, democracy, social justice and respecting human rights.
- ICSPR consider the failure of the opponents -God forbid – again in the adherence and full implementation of the agreement, will contribute to create a climate of frustration and despair, and it will warn of the collapse of the political system and the system of rights and freedoms, therefore; ICSPR calls for the protection of this agreement through a comprehensive national dialog to ensure that everyone involved in the process of the restoration of national unity.
- ICSPR demands Fatah and Hamas Movements to declare a time plan publically, to ensure that all the details that have worked to deepen and fueling internal division, and dismantle the crises produced by the internal division, including addressing the impact of internal violations, in addition to strengthen elements of steadfastness of the citizens.
- ICSPR invites the presidency and the Palestinian government to intervene immediately, in order to redress the humanitarian crisis in Gaza Strip, especially the crises of electricity, health and education, and cutting salaries of employees’ and others who refer to the early retirement.
- ICSPR calls the Arab Republic of Egypt and the Arab and Islamic countries, and other friendly countries around the world, to support the Palestinian reconciliation efforts and follow-up to the active application of the agreement.