Date: April 18, 2022
Original language: Arabic
An urgent call for intervention in order to take a clear position on the Israeli settlers plans to storm Al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy sites under the protection of the Israeli army.
The International Commission to Support Palestinians’ Rights (ICSPR) highly appreciates your constant eagerness to intervene in order to put an end to the suffering of the Palestinians in the occupied Palestinian territories.
We are addressing you today to urge you to take practical measures that contribute to stopping the crimes of the occupation and its escalating violations, including allowing and encouraging settlers to storm Al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy sites in the city of Jerusalem, and working to provide international protection for the Palestinians in the occupied territories.
the International Commission for Supporting Palestinian Rights (ICSPR) sent all the institutions of the international community Among them: International Parliament
, Arab Parliament, President of the Human Rights Council. United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, United Nations Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and International human rights organizations.
Where extremist Israeli settler groups have launched a call to implement a plan to “slaughter offerings”, coinciding with the Jewish Passover, and to practice their provocative rituals in the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque, scheduled to take place next Friday, April 16, 2022.
These extremist calls were launched by extremist groups called “temple organizations” under the cover of the extremist right-wing government led by the extremist Naftali Bennett, and thats amid:
• The escalation of Israeli attacks and crimes, including the implementation of policies of field execution against civilians in the West Bank, where on Wednesday only -April 14, 2022- a field execution was carried out against four Palestinian civilians, and dozens were injured.
• The continued storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque by settlers and members of the Israeli Knesset, and the high frequency of threats issued by the “temple organizations” to carry out large-scale incursions into the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque on the occasion of the “Hebrew Passover holiday” during the period between 16-23 April 2022, which constitutes a direct threat to the sanctity of the mosque, and threatens to ignite an open religious conflict and an unprecedented escalation.
• The ongoing occupation’s measures in Jerusalem, placing iron barriers in the Bab al-Amoud square, placing cameras and flashlights, deploying thousands of soldiers in the Old City and its surroundings, and preventing worshipers from reaching Al-Aqsa Mosque during the month of Ramadan.
ICSPR renews its condemnation of the repeated Israeli violations against the occupied city of Jerusalem and its sanctities, and stresses that these violations would not have accelerated if they were not for the international silence and American bias, and warns against the occupation’s attempts to impose sovereignty on the holy city, in contravention of the principles of international legitimacy, international humanitarian law and all International resolutions related to the Palestinian cause, especially the resolutions of the Security Council and the General Assembly regarding the occupied city of Jerusalem.
We are sending you this letter to urge you to intervene immediately and urgently to ensure the following:
1. Issuing public positions regarding the Israeli policies that disregard the established principles of international law and order.
2. Take effective measures to compel the Israeli military authorities to prevent the implementation of the storming plans.
3. Exerting all forms of pressure on the Israeli authorities to urge them to respect the basic rules of international law, and to neutralize the civilian population and their homes from the continuous aggression carried out by its security and judicial services.
We consider your contribution and your interactions as a banner, to ensure that members of the international community fulfill their obligations towards international law. Accordingly, we ask you to make more efforts, by taking specific and practical measures to guarantee the rights of the Palestinian people stipulated in the international agreement.