Date: May 9, 2023
Time: 05:00 a.m. local time
Native language: Arabic
The International Commission (Hashd) condemns Israel’s assault against the Gaza Strip, which resulted in a number of martyrs and injuries.
The International Commission to Support Palestinian Rights (Hashd) strongly condemns the Israeli occupation forces’ launch of a number of airstrikes on a number of city installations in the Gaza Strip at 1:30 a.m. on Tuesday, May 9, 2023; according to preliminary statistics from the Palestinian Ministry of Health, massacres and extrajudicial killings were committed through warplanes as of 05.00 a.m., resulting in the deaths of 13 citizens and civilians and more than 20 various injuries, including martyrs, wounded children, and women, as well as widespread damage to the homes and apartments targeted and surrounded by it.
According to the International Commission to Support Palestinian Rights (Hashd), Israel’s escalation in the Gaza Strip, crimes, and extrajudicial murders constitute systemic state terrorism and a severe breach of international law. and warning that the present war strikes are a prelude to larger aggression that will be paid for by Palestinian civilians, “Affirming the Palestinian people’s right to resist Israeli occupation and to defend themselves in the face of continued occupation crimes against humanity, Considering the appropriate response to Israel’s treacherous and current escalation in the Gaza Strip to build a Palestinian strategy based on the internationalization of the conflict, the promotion of unity, and the continuation of the struggle, and emphasizing that the Israeli occupying power’s continued comprehensive aggression against the Palestinian people and the escalation of its crimes against citizens and civilian property would not have been possible without the internationalization of the conflict, the promotion of unity, and the continuation of the struggle, The occupying power’s authorities’ continuous immunity from international responsibility and justice, as well as the Israeli occupying forces’ aim to attack people, commit extrajudicial murders, and destroy civilian property, A war crime that qualifies as a full-fledged war crime in accordance with the standards of the Fourth Geneva Convention and the Rome Statute establishing the Permanent International Criminal Court, The Hague, is registered and demands the following:
- The International Commission (Hashd): Urges the international community to intervene immediately in order to force Israel’s occupation to end its continuing hostilities in the Gaza Strip and to avoid further Israeli violence.
- The International Commission (Hashd): Encourages the United Nations and the High Contracting States Parties to the Geneva Convention to fulfill their moral and legal responsibility by intervening immediately to halt Israeli aggression and offer international protection to civilians.
- The International Commission (Hashd): calls on the Palestinian leadership and the national community to develop a strategy based on internationalizing the conflict and rebuilding all institutions of the political system on democratic foundations, as well as through inclusive elections, to ensure agreement on a comprehensive national strategy that maximizes popular, diplomatic, legal, and media engagement with the occupation and to ensure that the crimes of occupation are not repeated.
- The International Commission (Hashd): calls on the Palestinian leadership to abide by national and popular consensus resolutions, withdraw recognition of the occupying power, end all forms of security cooperation with the occupation, and deviate from all obligations and restrictions of the Oslo Accords, as well as to use regional and international variables in favor of the Palestinian cause, including the activation of the diplomatic movement and the call of the United Nations.
- The International Commission (Hashd) : certifies that the report of the Permanent Fact-Finding Committee, the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, and relevant United Nations institutions on the facts of Israel’s occupation crimes will be followed up on. It reiterates its call for all international institutions to fulfill their moral and legal responsibilities, and it requests that the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court open a serious investigation into the crimes of the Israeli occupation in order to put an end to the politics of procrastination and selective law enforcement in order to prevent occupation leaders from being imprisoned.
- The International Commission (Hashd): calls on international and regional organizations, the World Freedom Movement, and Palestinians in all Palestinian gatherings to condemn Israeli occupation crimes and to act at all levels to demand the strengthening of solidarity with the Palestinian people’s struggle and rights, as well as the cessation of Israeli occupying power crimes and the imposition of boycotts and sanctions.
The International Commission to Support Palestinian Rights (Hashd)