Date: 18 Mar 2023
International Commission (HASHD): Denounces the escalation of murders and field executions by Israeli occupying forces.
On Thursday evening, March 16, 2023, the Israeli occupying forces committed a new heinous massacre of four martyrs in the Jenin camp; among them are Yusuf Saleh Sharim (29), Nidal Amin Hazim (28), Luai Khalil al-Zaghir (37), and Omar Mohamed Awadin (16); 23 were wounded by live bullets as a result of the Israeli occupation forces’ invasion of Jenin and its camp and their excessive use of lethal force against citizens.
Since the beginning of this year, killings and field executions by Israeli occupying forces have escalated to unprecedented levels in the cities and villages of the West Bank and Jerusalem, which have killed 90 Palestinians, including 17 children.
This alarming trend of escalating Israeli war crimes against Palestinians in the West Bank and Jerusalem under the occupation government’s racist policies and instructions.
The International Commission to Support Palestinian Rights(HASHD) reaffirms the right of the Palestinian people to resist the occupier by all available means, as a right recognized in international law; Emphasizing that Israeli military doctrine has diverted civilians to legitimate objectives, stressing that repeated murders and on-the-ground executions express clear disrespect for the Palestinians’ right to life, and considering that these crimes would not have escalated or continued without silence on the crimes of the Israeli occupation and continued double standards and selectivity in the enforcement of international law, it registers and demands that:
- The International Commission (HASHD): Deplores the continuing conspiracy of international and regional silence over the heinous crimes committed by the occupying power against Palestinian civilians.
- The International Commission (HASHD): Calls upon the international community, the High Contracting Parties to the Geneva Convention, and all international and regional organizations to condemn the killings of Palestinian civilians, to pressure the Israeli occupying power to cease its crimes and to attack Palestinian citizens, and to ensure international protection for Palestinian civilians.
- The International Commission (HASHD) calls upon the Contracting Parties to the Fourth Geneva Convention to declare a clear and explicit attitude towards Israel’s refusal to abide by and apply the Convention in the Palestinian territories.
- The International Commission (HASHD): Calls on the Palestinian leaders to move out of the box of silence and line up alongside their people to stop betting on the illusions of settlement or American promises and abide by national consensus resolutions, sever relations with the occupying power, and internationalize the conflict in order to further counter Israeli crimes.
- The International Commission (HASHD): Urges the International Solidarity Movement with the Palestinian People and all Arab, regional, and international organizations to act at all legal, political, diplomatic, human rights, and popular levels to ensure the protection of Palestinian civilians.
The International Commission to Support Palestinian Rights.